Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Cedar Point: Camping

There is an RV/camping area located just outside of Cedar Point which offers ‘early entry’ deals as well as shuttle service to the front gate. When I planned my trip that involved camping, I found that the cost was too much for the benefits gained by staying in the on-site park. We opted for the East Harbor State Park located about 15 minutes from Cedar Point. The sites range from $14-40/day depending on what services you would like available. The campground was clean and offered beach front and miles of trails for walking or biking.

If you decide to stay here or in any campground in the area, be sure to make a reservation! We were surprised to discover people who had not reserved their site in advance waiting in line for a site to come available. This is especially true over the weekend and during the prime months of July and August.

While I do not recommend driving to Sandusky if you live as far away as I do, I found my stay at the campground very pleasant and would do it again without hesitation. The bathrooms and showers were well maintained and conveniently placed throughout the campground for easy access from any site.

No comments: