Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Cedar Point: Overview

As a dedicated roller coaster junkie, I just can’t get enough of Cedar Point. It would be much more convenient to visit the Sandusky, Ohio amusement park if I didn’t live in Colorado, but regardless, I just can’t get enough.

I grew up in the Detroit Metro area so I had the benefit of cutting my teeth on Cedar Point, the best amusement park in the world, located just four hours away. As an adult, I have never quite lost the addiction and continue to plan vacations there despite the immense distance and complexity.

In the following blog I will relate to you my experiences through three separate trips to my favorite place on earth. In each instance I, and my travel partner, tried a different method of attack. Whether you decide to drive or fly, stay in a hotel, bed and breakfast, or camper, I’ve tried it all! Please keep in mind that the focus of this blog is traveling to Cedar Point from an extreme distance, recommendations on travel may not apply if you are less than 24 hours away.

Because of the distance and expense of traveling so far, I generally plan trips that include two or three days at the park and at least a half day doing other things in the area. You will find that after walking all over Cedar Point for a full day, you may not want to repeat it with gusto the next day. Sandusky is a fairly small town but the Put-in-Bay area and numerous wineries will offer at least a full day of alternative enjoyment.

No comments: